Wine is a symbol of affection, and what better way to show someone you love them than with a trip to Loudoun County‘s wineries? Whether you’re looking for a last-minute Valentine’s Day getaway or planning for a future date night, you have plenty of choices! Pick your favorite itinerary from our list of romantic day trips below.
Attend Romantic Events at Local Wineries
- Waterford: Sample your favorite local wine and scrumptious French treats at 8 Chains North’s Wine and French Macaron Pairing.
8 Chains North Winery, February 10th-12th
- Neersville: Nothing says “romance” quite like chocolates, wine, and dinner. 868 Estate is open for Valentine’s Day between 11 AM and 5 PM!
868 Estate Vineyards, February 14th
- Round Hill: Warm up with a bowl of chili, savor your favorite wine, and enjoy each other’s company during the second Wine & Chili Weekend of 2017.
Bogati Winery, February 18th-19th
- Hillsboro: What’s better than tasting wine in an 1840s stone barn with breathtaking views of the mountains?
Hillsborough Vineyards, tasting room open Friday-Monday until April
- Bluemont: Enjoy the panoramic views of the countryside scenery from the tasting room.
Bluemont Vineyard, tasting room open daily
- Purcellville: The 404-acre Breaux Vineyards is nestled against Short Hill Mountain, offering spectacular views of the rolling hills. Bring your camera — you’ll want to capture a memory of your date at this Loudoun County vineyard.
Breaux Vineyards, tasting room open daily
Sample Virginia’s Award-Winning Wines
- Leesburg: Try the 2013 Cabernet Franc Reserve from Fabbioli Cellars, winner of the Chairman’s Grand Award, Best of Class Cabernet Franc, and Gold Medal at the Loudoun Wine Awards last year.
Fabbioli Cellars, tasting room open daily
- Middleburg: Cana Vineyards has several award-winning wines, including the 2015 Rkatsitelli (Best in Class White Varietal) and 2015 Vidal Blanc (Best in Class White Hybrid).
Cana Vineyards, tasting room open daily except Tuesday and Wednesday
Live in Virginia’s Most Romantic County
Loudoun County may be famous for its wineries, but this area of Virginia’s countryside has so much more to offer. If you’re considering buying a home in Wine Country, learn about the incredible communities that make up this area (such as Leesburg, Middleburg, Purcellville, and Waterford) and start searching for your new home. Want to see a property in person? Just give us a call at 703.966.9480.